15 Quick Facts about Cebu
Here is to get you started loving ♥ Cebu....
- Cebu Province consist of Cebu island and 167 other islands
- Total Population is 3,500,000 with Cebu City having around 800,000
- The major currency being use is the Philippine Peso
- Weather is best from December to May when its not too hot and not too wet
- Cebu is the 7th best island in the world according to Conde Travel Magazine
- The island boasts world class beaches and diving spots
- Number 1 tourist spot in the country
- People speak Cebuano( a dialect that is spoken mostly in the Visayas and Mindanao Region)
- English is also widely spoken.
- Cebu was known as Zubu or Sugbo
- Sinulog, probably the biggest festival in the Philippines, is celebrated every third week of January
- Cebu is home to the "Prisoners who danced to Michael Jackson's thriller"
- Colon street is the oldest street in the Philippines
- Fort San Pedro is the oldest and smallest tri-bastion fort in the country
- University of San Carlos Cebu was founded in 1595 by the Spaniards, making it the oldest University in the Philippines and in Asia.